The Governor of the North West region of Cameroon Adolphe Lele Lafrique has once again extended a curfew restricting movement of persons and property from 9PM to 5AM, a decision he says was taken because of ‘growing threats of secessionist activists against the forces of law and order’.
The curfew which was first imposed in the Anglophone Northwest and Southwest regions some weeks ago has been extended till further notice, in the ‘quest for a long-lasting return to normalcy’.
— Gina (@GinaSondo) March 12, 2018
The curfew orders are as follows;
- During the said period (9PM to 5AM), movement of vehicles, persons and goods shall be strictly forbidden.
- All off licenses, snack bars and night clubs shall remain closed.
- Motor parks shall remain closed and night travel buses shall be expected to leave town before 9PM.
- Circulation of motorbikes is completely suspended.
- The orders do not apply to administrative authorities, forces of law and order, persons and vehicles in possession of special authorisations to circulate, and ambulances.