President Paul Biya has injected new blood into an expanded Cabinet, a reshuffle that Cameroonians have been anxiously waiting for, with some speculating persons that will be brought on board.
State radio, read out the decrees signed by the president on March 2, informing citizens about the changes made, the new comers, and those who had changed portfolio.
The Cabinet has 9 new members and 9 who have changed portfolio, while 6 members have been shown the door.
A new ministerial department has been created; the Ministry of Decentralization and Local Development and some Cameroonians think the new ministry could have been created as a result of the ongoing socio-political crisis in the Northwest and Southwest regions.
Those shown the door are;
- Mebe’e Ngo Edgard Alain, former Minister of Transport,
- Michel Ange Angouin, former Minister of Public Service and Administrative Reforms,
- Atangana Kouna Basile, former Minister of Water Resources and Energy,
- Ngole Ngwese Philip, former Minister of Forestry and Wildlife,
- Bokam Jean Baptist, former Secretary of State at the Ministry of Defense in charge of the Gendarmerie,
- Belinga Eboutou, former Minister, Director of the Civil Cabinet at the Presidency.
Names of those who changed portfolio include;
- Elong Paul Che, Assistant Secretary General at the Presidency,
- Jules Doret Ndongo, leaves the former Ministry of Territorial Administaration and Decentralization as Delegate to take over the Ministry of Forest and Wildlife,
- Alamine Ousmane Mey leaves the Finance Ministry to the Ministry of Economy Planning and Regional Development.
- Motaze Louis Paul, Minister of Finance,
- Ngale Masina Bibehe Jean Ernest leaves the Ministry of Secondary Education to the Ministry of Transport,
- Atanga Nji Paul elevated from the National Security Council to the boss of the Ministry of Territorial Administration,
- Rene Emmanuel Sadi, moves from the former Ministry of Territorial Administaration and Decentralization to the Presidency as Minister in charge of Special Duties,
- Dion Ngute moves from the Ministry of External Relations to the Presidency as Minister in charge of Special Duties,
- Yaouba Abdoulaye leaves the Ministry incharge of the Economy to the Ministry of Finance as Minister Delegate.
New blood injected into the Cabinet include;
- Elanga Obam George, Minister of the newly created Ministry of Decentralization and Local Development,
- Gaston Eloundou, Minister of Water Resources and Energy,
- Nalova Lyongo, Minister of Secondary Education,
- Joseph Le, Minister of Public Service and Administrative Reforms,
- Etoga Yves Landry, Secretary of State at the Ministry of Defense in charge of the Gendarmerie,
- Felix Mbayou, Secretary Minister Delegate at the Ministry of External Relations in charge of Cooperation with the Commonwealth,
- Armand Claude Njoudom, Secretary of State for Public Works,
- Tasong Paul, Minister Delegate at the Ministry of the Economy planning and Regional Development in charge of Planification.